Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Do 26 Good Deeds for 26 Angels

Auction items listed here.

But Gina posted this on Facebook and I wanted - needed -  to share it!

If you cannot bid on the auction or donate money to a fund, think about doing this. 

It's probably the most important way to honor the victims!

Love it!

===========

Let’s tip the scale of good and evil in our world. 



Like many people, I am having so much trouble getting beyond this horrific tragedy.


What has occurred cannot be changed, but I can promise myself that these beautiful children will not be forgotten. They have made a lasting impact on my life. In the last few days I have hugged more, shown much gratitude and felt so much pain and love.

 Patience with my children has been abundant and my to-do list has been trivial. I know I am not alone in this.

Thank you beautiful angels for inspiring us to do better.



Many people believe change is needed by amending gun laws or improving health accessibility. 

I feel the need to do something immediate and within my own control.


I have set 26 intentional good deeds in dedication of: Charlotte, Daniel, Olivia, Josephine, Ana, Dylan, Madeleine, Catherine, Chase, Jesse, James, Grace, Emilie, Jack, Noah, Caroline, Jessica, Avielle, Benjamin, Allison, Rachel, Dawn, Anne, Lauren, Mary and Victoria. 

They are simple acts of kindness done in their honor. 


I made a list of things that are within my range of resources. Each one is written on a star and they will hang on my wall as they are fulfilled. I am including my children in as many of these acts as possible. 


Among these, we will be making something to bring to our local nursing home, picking up trash at the beach or park and I will be doing several free hoop classes for children’s non-profit orgs. 

The kids came up with a lot of sweet things to do.



I invite you to join me if you wish. Love more, give more and be grateful every day. ~Gina





No comments:

Post a Comment